Monday, January 10, 2011

today im

Today im at the kitchen table working on the custom order quilt. I hope to finish it by tonight but to be truthful
 im really tired already.

Ive had a big weekend after a decent week of sewing and pattern making.
We went out on the boat fishing on the weekend and im really sunburnt to top it all off.

My girlfriend Concetta made her own dress for the wedding too.

We discussed the pro's and con's of last minute sewing. She told me that she had been getting her husband to chew off the threads sticking out of the seams on her straps that had been annoying her all day,
 and that she couldnt because of her lipstick.

She was still trying to pick them off during the speeches in which

I was very embarrassed to have a mention because I had worked on the beading of the brides dress.
This was the existing embellishment with a few more droplets and pearls
to even it up as a lot had fallen off.

It was a vintage dress bought at an op-shop but it suited the bride so well she just had to have it.


 
Dont forget to click the side button to enter my giveaway as its still running.
I think I should set the date for the end of January.
I think I can manage to come up with something by then.



2 comments:

willywagtail said...

Love the bride's dress. I don't think anything beats a vintage one unless it is swiss voile hippy style. Cherrie

Teresa said...

I love the sneak peek of the quilt you are making, such gorgeous fabrics. Also love the vintage brides dress, would love to see more of it....wondering what the skirt part looked like because the bodice is divine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails