Wednesday, January 4, 2012

patchwork cushions

Oooh id forgotten how captivating patchwork could be. The colour, the detailed interest in the cloth, the smallest pieces of silk scarf, the possibilities of the mixing are a delight for both my eyes and fingers after a long absence. Two days of joining not knowing if it will be as easy as it once was. The easiness in which I once worked hasnt returned, a different approach was needed. Beginning as I used to by arranging in coloured rows didnt help me, well, begin.

I needed to mix and not match as a jumping off of sorts as I admire others who subdue their palette.




This was me trying to not be as colourful.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

They look great well done

willywagtail said...

Well done Wendy. It's always hard to imitate the look of others. Cherrie

Kate said...

Beautiful!! So perfectly wonderful. I could look at that top poc all day. I have patchy cushions on my list for when I finish this quilt. x

Frankie and Ray said...

Don't fight your colourful urge! They're lovely. xx

The Moerks said...

I think you are either subdued or not. You do colour so well, stick with it.

Lotti said...

I just love your cushions .. they are so nice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails