Thursday, September 30, 2010

kitchen chairs fix

Do you like my chairs? I found them outside an op-shop in the country for 1$ each. I know its a long shot but I just cant let these lovely old chairs die a sad death and rot in the sun and rain after theyve had a great life as someones well loved and used kitchen seats.

 I love the shape of them and theyll take a fair bit of patience to get them stable again
 as they both have splits in the seats.

 
This one has been repaired with large oversized chunks of wood. I was stumped as to how to fix this at first. But im going to use wide metal brackets to mend them so you dont see the bracing from the side view and a good dose of PVA glue in the split.

Would you have bought them or left them sitting there?

8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I definitely would have bought those too. I have a soft spot for old unloved chairs!

Julie said...

Oh yes, I'm a sucker for old wooden furniture.

Beck said...

Yep, I'm with Cam & Julie & you. Love them x

willywagtail said...

Possibly but I would just wash them as use them as plant stands which is no where near as appreciative as you. Just don't let the visitors rock on them. lol Great news about Darryl last night. Cherrie

Luisa said...

The only reason I would have left them is that I don't how to fix them so I can't wait to see how yuo do it. I'm pretty good at picking thimgs up that need to be painted. I always feel bad for chairs left on the curb they have history and could go to a goood home.

Evelyne said...

I would have picked them up - my other half would have driven past and not given a second look. I too like scouting around for things that other people find hard to fix. Guilty as charged!

Copper Patch said...

Oooh I love them. I'd be scared to park my butt on them a the moment but I'm sure they'd be great once you have reinforced them a bit.
You sewing studio looks amazing! Abs x

Sara said...

hmm, they sure do have potential but in that condition I reckon $15 each is more than I would pay for them. I would however be very interested in seeing the fixing process, I have no idea how you do that stuff. the best I could offer them would be a lick of paint and a cushion! Good Luck Wendy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails