Tuesday, September 28, 2010

crochet blanket update

 It looks a bit south american from a distance, but alas its not close up...

Ive been working on this blanket and have nearly done twice as much as I had here. The edges are going wonky and I dont know why or how to fix them and I dont really think I care, as long as it doesnt turn triangular I suppose. I think ive been going into the very end stitch instead of the next one in when starting each row. Would that be it? Colourwise ive toned it down to every second row doing a grey or oatmeal or cream. Im liking it much more. Plus there are alot of these drab colours at the op-shops to squeeze into the mix. Above is the part I like.


Below, here is the more colourful start I made at first. I think im nearly halfway.  If I run out of a colour before I finish the row I am joining the next colour that is the closest until the row is finished. Im liking the unexpectedness of this.
I might be finished by next winter. I think it needs more green. What are your thoughts? Please dont hold back. I really want to know what you would add more of.... this has been almost seven years in the making, remember

7 comments:

Sara said...

aw i like it, it looks rustic and loved already. You could try blocking it when you're done, see if that stretches it into an even shape? or maybe just embrace the unorthodox shape?! either way, most impressed to see you working on this special project 7 years in the making - impressive!

angelina said...

dude. i love it. x

angelina said...

and as i type..ive got this cutest little girl twirling around in the coolest clothes, did you make them??

willywagtail said...

You seem to have a blue theme going so keep injecting them randomly. If that patch of strong solids is where you started I would do another section similar to that somewhere towards the end to balance it out. Otherwise stick with the random and try not to think too much about it. Looks great. I have no answer to the wonky ends. You should see some of mine. I think my brain hasn't sctually comprehended how to turn the row correctly so sometimes I do it this way and sometimes that. I've even thought of binding those ends with fabric but it sounds like too much hard work. Cherrie

Luisa said...

I like it! For the edges at the end I would do a single crochet all the way around that pulls all the colors together sometimes.
You have a nice blog.

Tracey@bountifully said...

nice work, i love the randomness of the colours

Teresa said...

Love all the bright colours in your blanket, it's gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails