Sunday, May 2, 2010

crochet blanket love

Im having a very lazy Sunday in bed (not feeling that great) and so my thoughts are leading towards winter bedding and blankets. Ive stumbled across Trisha Brink Designs gorgeous crocheted couch throw.
I started my own crocheted blanket four years ago now and im still going with it.  Ive totally fallen out of love with it during this time. The colours are all wrong. I wanted it to be a haphazard conglomeration of wool as I discovered it in my local op shops, adding things as I found new colours. That was then, this is now. I think ill be unpicking it.

What do you think? Should I keep going? Is it because its so colourful or too many different styles all rolled into one that im not liking it anymore. What does it look like to you? Im a quarter of the way through it and ive tried for a queen size!

9 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I think your blanket is lovely, and it has a great story to it as you're making it up with just things that you;ve found... definitely keep going!

willywagtail said...

Do you need to complete it to the full size or is it big enough now for the children to use. Possibly a convention blanket?? Eclectic is not ordered and it looks fine to me. Cherrie

Sara said...

it would be madness to pull it out now after all this effort unless you really, truly despise the sight of it. I think it looks lovely, i like the chaos of the colours and love that all the wool is recycled, i think makes it even more special!
having said that, i too tire of projects that are taking too long and always fall out of love with my colour choices half way through. but when i persevere i usually learn to fall back in love with them after they're finished!
rest up Wendy. much love xox

Kate said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!
Do not undo it or you'll have me to answer to.
I have often wondered how something like this would work out and now I'm totally inspired to make one. Except I'm crap at long term projects too.
Maybe you could send it to me and I'll do a bit and then I'll send it on to someone else. (after May though because May is madness month here). XX

Elisha said...

It looks great to me, I would finish it there and start anther one if you are no longer happy with it. i love the one in the photo, what a great idea. I am inspired now...

Beck said...

Hey, it's fabulous! Maybe you are just sick of it because it has taken so long. I love all the mismatched colours, they look fantastic. This is the sort of blanket I aspire to make, so keep inspiring me...keep going!! xo

Sally said...

It looks great. Don't undo it. Keep going. It is natural to fall in and out and then back in love again... follow the journey through.

small forest said...

Oh! thanks for your inspiration back, ladies. I feel like im having a 'normal' love hate relationship with it now. Its so true that its probably due to the fact that is has taken me this long to do it. And im afraid I tend to be an instant-craft kind of girl. Onward to the finish line.
Kate. Your offer has me thinking....

Cathie said...

that is absolutely lovely!
don't unpick it, you will be sad after having it around for so long.
Kate's idea is great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails