Friday, July 16, 2010

villa renovation part three

I cant seem to upload photos to my computer to give you anything crafty at the moment. So ive been scrolling through some more of the shots from our villa renovation that I had saved for a rainy day.

 A glimpse of the finished rangehood that isnt yet constructed in the shot underneath.

We attached it to the wall and then built around it, much easier than having to measure.

 We had no electricity for ages so we had lamps at night which I think gave it a really nice frenchy glow.

 The tiles were big 600 by 300 travertine which I cut up with a grinder into 5 smaller tiles (I love my grinder)
I wanted the effect of handcut tiles, and adore moroccan tadlekt in particular, but they are NOT CHEAP and we needed 6 metres of them so I decided to give it a go. Afterall, it was either going to work or it wasnt.

This is the bad photo of a photo that has taken all this time for me to find and im now wondering if it was worth the search.
This is the best I could do but nothing can make this kitchen look good.
The floor sloped by a whole brick height from one end to the other.
The stairs were built across the window.
The electricals were never done ie. the stove was plugged into a powerboard under the sink!
It was a challenge.

If you are doing up a house at the moment please leave me a comment as id love to check it out.



7 comments:

Copper Patch said...

Um I'm finding your kitchen SEXY!!! It's sooo lovely. I'm supre impressed with your Handy-woman skills. A women of many facets.
Ab xx

Copper Patch said...

Crap that was supposed to say womAn of many facets. You know what I mean... :o)

victoria said...

So nice. I think my favorite photo is the one with the tiles, knives, and fruit bowls, very pretty and glowing.

Leonie Guld said...

Oh....I have just drooled all over my keyboard!!! Yep we are in a constant state of reno. I have been on the bathroom now for almost 2 years!!!

Tracey@bountifully said...

Oh that is just adorable, I like, I like, I want!

Ruostevilla said...

What is this?! The kitchen I am dreaming of for ages! Lots of space and light - so it does exist! Wonderful.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Wow, that's quite a change! It must be so rewarding. It definitely looks great! We're trying to redo things bit by bit in our house... (bit by very small bit! ;D)

Related Posts with Thumbnails